HDFC RTGS/NEFT Form
RTGS is an inter-bank funds transfer system, where funds are transferred as and when the transactions are triggered (i.e. real time).
The acronym 'RTGS' stands for 'Real Time Gross Settlement'. RTGS system is a funds transfer mechanism where transfer of money takes place from one bank to another on a 'real time' and on 'gross' basis. This is the fastest possible money transfer system through banking channel. Settlement in 'real time' means payment transaction is not subjected to any waiting period
Benefits of RTGS:
- Speed:The beneficiary branches are expected to receive the funds in real time, soon after the funds are transferred by the remitting bank.
- Quicker settlement cycles: Cuts across inter-bank and clearing house settlement issues.
- Wider Boundaries: No geographical limitations within India, as long as it is a participating bank in the RBI’s RTGS system.
Transferring money - a simple and convenient process:
- Log on to NetBanking page on www.hdfcbank.com
- Enter your Customer ID and Password
- Go to Third Party Funds Transfer and select Transfer to other bank (using RTGS)
- Add beneficiary details
- Beneficiary details will be activated post 24 hours
- Enter transfer details (sender and recipient information)
- Confirm transaction
- Credit to the beneficiary bank account
- The Funds transfer request through RTGS NetBanking mode can be made only from 9 a.m to 3.30 p.m.from Monday to Friday and from 9 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. on Saturdays.
- There will be no RTGS transactions possible on Bank holidays and Sundays.
- The money will reach the Beneficiary's Bank within the time stipulated by RBI. Once the transactions are presented to RBI, they typically get credited into the Beneficiary Account on the same day
- HDFC Bank is not responsible for any charges / commission of any kind levied/charged by the Beneficiary Bank
- Please note that the minimum transaction amount of Rs. 2,00,000 is required for an RTGS transaction.
- The maximum amount of funds that can be transferred through NetBanking per Cust ID per day is Rs 10 lacs
Please note : Click here for the directory of the Customer Facilitation Centres(CFC) of member banks for redressal of your RTGS- related complaints.
Please note : Effective June 20 2007, you would need to be registered for Third Party Funds Transfer service, in order to avail RTGS service to other banks. In case you are not registered for the same, please click here to download the form and submit the duly filled form at your nearest HDFC Bank branch. In case you are already registered for Third Party Funds Transfer, this service will be made available to you automatically..